In the past, having crooked or overcrowded teeth in Layton meant unpleasant options if you wanted to straighten them. The metal braces of decades ago were uncomfortable and unattractive. With the latest technological advances, things have changed for the better. Invisalign removes much of the negative aspects of wearing braces.
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment for straightening teeth without the typical metal braces with brackets, wires, and bands. Instead, a series of custom-made clear plastic aligners are fitted over the teeth to shift them slightly, with a new aligner every two weeks to continue pushing the teeth into the proper position.
Here are five reasons to consider seriously Invisalign braces in Layton with Hillfield Pediatric & Family Dentistry to straighten your teeth and have the smile you deserve:
- Appearance — is one of the main advantages of Invisalign, especially for adults. The old metal braces were clunky and made you want to keep your mouth shut in public. Invisalign braces can hardly be seen and most people won’t even be aware you’re wearing braces. They won’t show in photographs.
- Comfort — is a big advantage because there are no metal parts to irritate your cheeks and tongue. If you have traditional metal braces attached to your teeth, the only way to remove them is for the dentist to take them off. With Invisalign, if for whatever reason you should want to remove them, just take them out for a while. You need to wear the aligners 20 to 22 hours each day, so you have some room for removing them for eating, cleaning, and special occasions.
- Safety – traditional metal braces have bits of metal and wire sticking out that can irritate and scratch the inside of the mouth and gums. Invisalign, on the other hand, has no edges or little bits poking out and are comfortable and smooth. In general, Invisalign braces reduce the damage normally caused when wearing braces such as problems with cavities and gum disease because it is very difficult to clean your teeth with traditional braces.
- Time needed for treatment – while some orthodontic problems take longer to treat than others, Invisalign may straighten your teeth in a shorter time than traditional metal braces.
- Knowing what to expect — with Invisalign there is the key advantage of knowing exactly what to expect before even beginning because the treatment is fully computerized. You will see the results before you start and learn how long the treatment will take until you get the results you want.
If you are an adult who needs orthodontic treatment in Layton, Invisalign may be your best option. People are often quick to judge others based on how their teeth look. A pleasing confident smile can take you a long way and tells others that you care about your personal appearance and oral health. These factors can be important in your social life or when applying for a new job or. Once corrected, your smile is for life. Contact Hillfield Pediatric & Family Dentistry today to schedule an appointment!